Add Meta Tags¶
Welcome to the development website of the Add-Meta-Tags WordPress plugin.
Add-Meta-Tags is a WordPress plugin that adds XHTML META tags to your WordPress blog. The addition of the META tags is fully automatic, but it also includes all those features a SEO-concerned publisher would need in order to have total control over those meta tags.
The following list outlines how and where META tags are added to a WordPress blog by this plugin. Please note that this list does not provide all the details you need to know about how to customize the added metatags. Its purpose is to provide a general idea of what this plugin supports. For detailed info, proceed to the next section.
- Front Page
- Customization is possible from the plugin’s configuration panel.
- Single Posts
- Automatically. (On WordPress v2.3 or newer tags are also used in addition to the post’s categories)
- Customization of the “description” META tag:
- either via custom excerpt
- or via custom field (note that this overrides the custom excerpt).
- Customization of the “keywords” META tag via custom field only.
- Static Pages
- No automatic generation of meta tags.
- Customization is possible with custom fields like it can be done in posts.
- Category Archive Pages
- The description of the category, if set, is used for the description META tag. The name of the category is always used at the keywords metatag.
- META Tags on all pages
- It is now possible to set any other META tag, which does not require any computation, to be added to all blog pages.