Creative Commons Configurator¶
Welcome to the development website of the Creative-Commons-Configurator WordPress plugin.
Creative-Commons-Configurator intends to become the only tool a user will need in order to set a Creative Commons License on a WordPress blog and control the inclusion or display of the license information into the blog pages or the syndication feeds. All configuration is done from a page in the administration panel. Template tags are also available for those who need customization.
These are the plugin’s features in short:
- Configuration page in the WordPress administration panel. No manual editing of files is needed for basic usage.
- License selction by using the web-based license selection engine from CreativeCommons.org.
- The license information can be reset at any time. This action also removes the options that are stored in the WordPress database.
- Adds license information to:
- The HTML head area of the every blog page (this is for search engine bots only – Not visible to human visitors).
- The Atom, RSS 2.0 and RDF (aka RSS 1.0) feeds through the Creative Commons RSS module, which validates properly. This option is compatible only with WordPress 2 or newer due to technical reasons. It will not appear on versions older than 2.0.
- Displays a block with license information under the published content. Basic customization (license information and formatting) is available through the configuration panel.
- Some template tags are provided for use in your theme templates.
- The plugin is ready for localization.