This document is part of the CodeTRAX Service Agreement, located at http://www.codetrax.org/TermsOfService, and should be read in accordance to the special legal terms specified in this agreement.
CodeTRAX recognizes that privacy is important.
1. About this document¶
2. Personal Information¶
2.1 CodeTRAX reserves the right to ask you for personal information (referred to as "Personal Information"). Personal information includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
- your name,
- your email,
- a username, which uniquely identifies you as a valid user of the Services, and
- an account password.
3. Information CodeTRAX collects¶
3.1 Many of the Services, including Software, provided by CodeTRAX do not require registration or submission of Personal Information to us. However, accessing the Services anonymously may involve the collection of one or more of the types of information as outlined in paragraph 3.2.
3.2 In order to provide our full range of services, CodeTRAX may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide -- When you register for a CodeTRAX account, we ask you for Personal Information as outlined in paragraph 2.1.
- Cookies -- When you access the Services, we send at least one cookie to your computer which contains a session identification string for authentication purposes. More cookies, containing information about your user preferences in relation to the Services, may be sent to your computer.
- Log information -- When you access the Services, our servers automatically record information that your client software sends. These server logs may include information such as your request, in whole or in part, the Internet Protocol address, the type of the client software, the date and time of your request, and any other technical details (in relation to the communication between you and our servers) CodeTRAX needs in order to provide, review, or evaluate the provision of, the Services.
- User communications -- When you send email or other communications to CodeTRAX, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links -- CodeTRAX may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of the Services.
4. How CodeTRAX uses the collected information¶
4.1 CodeTRAX may process Personal Information in order to provide the full range of Services it supports.
4.2 CodeTRAX may process Personal Information on a server which may be located outside your own country.
4.3 CodeTRAX uses your username to identify you as a valid user of the Services. Such usage of the username does not identify you individually, but only as an authenticated user of the Services.
- Providing the Services to our users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve the Services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
4.6 If we use the collected information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
4.7 Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some CodeTRAX features and services may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
4.8 You can decline to submit Personal Information to any of the Services, in which case CodeTRAX may not be able to provide those services to you.
5. Information sharing¶
5.1 We do not share Personal Information with our Partners and Affiliates or other third parties, unless
- we have your consent, in writing,
- we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of CodeTRAX, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
5.3 We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who accessed the Services or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
6. Information security¶
6.1 We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
6.2 Individuals from CodeTRAX staff who have been authorized by CodeTRAX to access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
7. Data integrity¶
7.1 We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the types of information needed to provide or improve the Services.
7.2 When you use the Services, CodeTRAX makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete (in accordance to paragraph 7.3 below) such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
7.3 CodeTRAX reserves the right to retain your personal information for one year, after your initial request for permanent deletion of this data from our servers, in accordance to paragraph 23.4 of the CodeTRAX Service Agreement.
8.2 When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is CodeTRAX’ policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between CodeTRAX and an individual.
Last modified: February 4, 2009