Development website of django-powerdns-manager¶
Welcome to the development website of django-powerdns-manager.
For help and instructions about the installation, configuration and usage please visit the Online Documentation.
The feature list includes:
- Web based administration interface based on the admin Django app.
- Easy management of all records of a zone from a single web page.
- Support for multiple users.
- Database schema is DNSSEC enabled.
- Automatic zone-rectify support, including support for empty non-terminals, using native python code.
- The application can be configured to support a user-defined subset of the resource records supported by PowerDNS and customize the order in which they appear in the administration panel.
- Zone cloning (experimental).
- Zone transfers between users.
- Zone file import through web form.
- Zone file export.
- Basic zone templates.
- Command-line interfaces to import and export zones in bulk.
- Support for secure updating of dynamic IP addresses in A and AAAA records.
- Supports using a dedicated database to store the tables needed by PowerDNS. This database may use a different backend than the main database of the Django project.
- Contains demo project for quick start and experimentation.
The django-powerdns-manager releases are available from the PyPI Package Page.
How to contribute¶
django-powerdns-manager is at an early stage of development. Please make sure you use the latest code.
Clone the Mercurial repository with:
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/gnotaras/django-powerdns-manager
Clone the Git repository with:
git clone https://github.com/gnotaras/django-powerdns-manager
Please use the "New Issue": form to submit bug reports or feature requests.
Copyright 2012-2016 George Notaras, CodeTRAX.org
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the License); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
A copy of the License exists in the product distribution; the LICENSE file.
For copyright and other important notes regarding this release please read
the NOTICE file.